- Published: Thursday, June 25 2015 15:18
- Written by Mike Myers
We are adding a ton of new features to the C series of consoles. If you have been using the C series of consoles then you know there are not many options in the menu of the console. This is because most of our customers are using the consoles to control software based switchers and the options are setup in the client program. We have a number of customers that are using an ATEM as the switcher and a software switcher to do the graphics, videos and streaming.
Over the past couple of months we have gained a number of customers that are using the console with just an ATEM. The options we have currently for the ATEM are really basic and it is basically changes to fades, etc.
Because of the sudden increase in customers running just ATEM switchers, we are adding a long list of new options that can be used to adjust a lot of features on the ATEM right from the console. We are also adding a bunch of quick access features. Below is a list of features that are being added. Our current plan is to have this new version in Beta testing by early August with a late August release.
Here are the current list of features in this Sprint:
- Brand new menu system written from the ground up, replacing the open source menu system we were using
- The bottom encoder can be assigned a default function like fade time adjust or scroll media, etc. This will function as this default function when not in a menu.
- Access to the media pool via the menu and we are adding media options to options on the buttons so you can setup buttons to scroll through the media pool.
- We are adding the ability to setup the console to control the 2nd mix engine if there is one.
- We are adding the ability to have 2 T-bars, one controlling each mix bus. Obviously the current consoles only have 1 T-bar but our hardware bus can support 2 T-bars and now our software will support it, you can extrapolate what this means.
- The extra row of user buttons can be configured as control for AUX outputs.
- Picture in Picture if supported by the ATEM.
- VGA switching ability.
- Expanded DSK options.
- Ability to adjust network settings from the front panel.
- More built in tests for remote support
If there is a feature you would like to see added that you do not see listed above please let us know and we will get it on the list of new features that are to be added. If it is soon, it might make it into this release but it depends on how big the request is and when we get it.